PROPERTIES of PMMA (Acrylic) Sheets
- Excellent thermoforming capabilities
- 92% light transmission
- High impact resistance
- Resistant to inorganic acids
- Max continuous operating temperature 70 °C
- B2 / Class 4 / UL 94 HB fire rated
- Outstanding weatherability
- Easily fabricated
- Suitable for food contact
- Max intermittent operating temperature 90 °C
PROPERTIES of PC SOLID SHEETS
Very high impact resistance.
B s1 d0 (4,5 and 6 mm thicknesses)
Cutting with a shear (up to 4mm)
Up to %88 light transmission. (Depends on sheet thickness)
Excellent thermoforming capabilities
Excellent resistance to dilute acids and mineral oils.
Polycarbonate and PMMA Noise Barrier
Escalating demands of automobiles and vehicles and rapid pace of city development has caused serious noise pollution, especially the commercial and residential area which runs along highway, railway and bridges. For this reason, noise barrier is urgently needed to reduce noise level and improve people’s living. Sound barriers reduce the noise which enters a community from a highway by absorbing, reflecting, or forcing the sound to take a longer path over and around the barrier. Sound is energy that decreases in intensity as it travels away from its point of origin. Sound waves travel out in all directions from vehicles on the roadways. When the sound waves encounter an obstacle or barrier, some of the sound will bounce off the barrier’s surface. This is called reflection. If the surface is porous, where there are small cavities or holes that extend into the interior of the barrier material, a portion of the sound waves will travel inside the cavities when they reach the surface. The waves will bounce around and eventually expend all their energy. This process is called Absorption.
Polycarbonate / Acrylic Sheet Noise Barrier offers a comprehensive range of Polycarbonate Solid Sheets, and Acrylic Sheets which are made of high quality raw materials. Our range offers maximum levels of glazing performance where transparency or tailored light transmission along with high impact strength is of vital importance. The transparent barriers are made of PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate) or Polycarbonate Sheets, placed between support railings. Moreover, these Polycarbonate Compact Sheets, and Acrylic Sheets are clear in color and available in various thickness, length and colors to opt for. These barriers are solely for isolation and meet the strictest criteria of the European standards (EN Norms) regarding devices for the reduction of road traffic noise.
Less Noise, Better Quality of Life
Noise barriers reduce noise pollution enormously on motorways and highways with heavy traffic, dual carriage ways and railways and give the people in the neighborhood a new feeling of life. Nice and quiet instead of an annoying noise. Policam Sound block sheet 15 mm thick and weighing in at around 18 kg/m2 reduces the noise level by a noticeable 30 dB (certified according to EN 14388).
• Excellent resistance to weathering and aging
• Resistance to wind pressure
• Low weight
• Ease of forming and machining
• Certified in accordance with EN 14388.
• 10-year guarantee (in accordance with guarantee conditions)
• Recyclability and returnability to manufacturer
• The Polycarbonate / Acrylic Sheet Noise barrier will fulfill both acoustic and non acoustic aspects & properties.
• The noise barrier is designed complete ecofriendly, aesthetically good /as per location / Finish & Shapes.
• Noise Barrier Structure is designed according to wind Pressure in Particular area and it is Firm & Stiff potentiality of Negative effects.
• Noise Barrier shields the noise generated from the noise source.
• Noise Barrier is designed vertically and is slightly parabolic shape for good aesthetic, and to diverse the noise from the Origin.
• The Noise Barrier is designed up to 36 dB (A)Transmission loss.
• Noise Barrier joints are designed with rubber gasket to block the Noise Leakage.
• The Height of Noise barrier will be as per design / site requirement.
• The Polycarbonate / Acrylic Sheet Noise barrier having plain surface means minimum maintenance & easy to clean.
Conventional noise barriers are predominantly intended to protect nearby residents from noise. Large noise control barriers made of highly transparent Policam Soundblock Sheets, in PC solid or extruded. PMMA grades, meet the most stringent requirements for sound reduction, call for fewer steel supporting structures, ensure that the noise barrier is as transparent as possible and provide great creative scope and aesthetic design. The light transmission of clear-transparent Policam PC Solid is over 89 %. And for Policam PMMA is over 92 %.
Noise control barriers with transparent elements prevent the tunnel effect that is tiring for drivers, and provide a better view of the road, without casting shadows on the highway or neighboring spots. Noise control barriers made with Policam SoundBlock gathers functionality and good looks with protection for nearby residents.
Strong and Tough
Noise Barriers from Policam meet the acoustic requirements for noise reduction and the demands of road safety, stability and structure durability. Our sheets reduces noise and is certified according to DIN EN 14388 (Traffic Noise Reducing Devices).